We believe that at Malet Lambert our students need to have the knowledge and the skills for the virtual world as well as the real world. Our students enjoy learning about and using ICT at school, and we have had outstanding academic achievement in ICT qualifications over recent years. The use of ICT has grown enormously in the past five years and we are ready for a new chapter in the history of Malet Lambert School. The completion of the school refurbishment and new buildings by September 2012, under the Building Schools for Future programme brings the opportunity to invest substantially in new ICT technologies across the school curriculum.
We want to pioneer and embrace new technologies to raise standards in our school. To enhance and support pupils’ learning is the heart of what e-learning is about at Malet Lambert School.
Our vision is:
- to provide students with the confidence, the skills and the technology to be able to use ICT safely and effectively to enhance their learning
- to provide staff with the confidence, the skills and the technology to be able to use ICT safely and effectively in their school role
- to provide all other school stakeholders with the confidence and the skills to be able to use ICT safely to access school information that is appropriate to them
Malet Lambert’s e-learning purpose is to maximise our pupils:
- achievement in attaining ICT qualifications & all other qualifications using ICT technologies to facilitate deep research & learning
- aspiration to embrace new technologies AND be a safe & effective citizen of the virtual world
- excitement and enjoyment through positive challenge in using ICT technologies to learn visually, auditory and kinaesthetically
We are all working very hard at Malet Lambert School to ensure that we invest wisely in the best ICT and new technologies for our students. To keep all our school stakeholders up to date with this process I am writing a regular blog, accessible from this page on the right-hand side. Please follow us and feel free to email your thoughts on our journey to achieving our e-learning vision.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch using the link below:
Assistant Headteacher of E-Learning & E-Safety Coordinator
Latest Blog Posts
(links open in a new window)
Mobile Device Policy
Safer Internet Day
Mobile Device AUP 20/6/11
Use of ICT AUP 20/6/11