At Malet Lambert we aim to:
SMSC stands for Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural education, which is essential for helping pupils develop as well-rounded, informed individuals. At Malet Lambert, we promote SMSC throughout the curriculum in PSHE Enrichment Days, tutor time also via school trips and events.
Find out more about the content of our year group assemblies by downloading the rota here.
We address both British Values and SMSC throughout all subject areas and during Enrichment, which form part of our PSHE curriculum. Since we began running Enrichment Days in September 2015 we covered the following aims:
• Respecting diversity
• Exploring cultures
• Life in modern Britain
• Mutual respect and tolerance
• The rule of law
• Understanding and exploring the values, beliefs and opinions of others
• Developing personal values and beliefs
• Moral codes
• Recognising right from wrong
• Consequences of actions
• Understanding communities and societies
• Imagination and creativity in learning