As passionate creatives the Malet Lambert Art & Design department encourages pupils to be free-thinking creatives using a wide range of materials and techniques including: print making, digital, photography, installation, mixed media, collage, sculpture, drawing and painting.
Vision of the department:
- To develop pupils imagination and creativity and equip them with the skills, techniques and insights to express themselves through Art and Design
- To celebrate the work of pupils beyond the walls of Malet Lambert
- To provide a secure platform for pupils to extend their studies after Malet Lambert
- To develop self-confidence and raise self esteem through Art & Design
- To foster the love of Art and Design as an involvement for life, both as critic and creator
- To enable pupils to understand and appreciate the educational, historical, social and cultural role of Art & Design
- To raise awareness of cultural issues and encourage empathy and respect for diversity within the community in which they live
- For more information, please refer to year group curriculum information booklets (found under curriculum, organised by year group) or contact head of department, Mr A Richardson Medd. Follow our subject on our department Twitter @ArtMalet.