Please see below an important message from our uniform supplier:
Thank you for your patience and consideration whilst shopping with us in these challenging times.
We have extended our hours and have put measures in place which strictly adhere to the government guidelines on social distancing to ensure everyone is safe!
Please take the time to read our Covid-19 policies:
- Online Ordering - If you already know the sizes of the uniform please use our online ordering system at www.steadyschoolwear.co.uk - Please allow 14 working days for the order to be shipped safely by courier to your designated home address. Please check the ‘Measuring and Size Guide’ page on our website to help measure your child correctly. Please ensure to check our refunds and exchange policy before you make your purchase.
- Customers may shop in maximum parties of 2; but only when this consists of 1 adult and 1 pupil. This means that we will only allow the following parties into the shop; 1 singular pupil, 1 singular adult OR 1 adult shopping with 1 pupil. If you have more than one child attending the school then this is also ok with one adult only.
- Customer limits in the shop – We will only be allowed to have a certain amount of customers in the shop as per the government guidelines.
- A queuing system will be implemented outside of the shop with floor markings to help customers keep a 2m distance between each other.
- We will have a separate Entrance and Exit door to minimise contact – all signs will be made visible.
- Perspex screens are in place at the tills and we encourage contactless payments where possible. All staff are provided with Personal Protective Equipment.
- We will be adhering to government guidelines to close changing rooms to prevent the spread of Covid-19 between pupils trying on the same garments. We appreciate that this will be difficult for parents, so we are politely requesting that where possible parents could have their sizes ready when entering the shop. We have attached a sizing guide to help.
TOP TIP – If parents/guardians could check what sizing their child is currently wearing then this will help us to choose the correct size for the pupil much more quickly.
- Staff will also be on hand to assist with sizing.
Thank you for your cooperation in these unusual times. Our staff will be here to help and guide you through the purchase of the uniform, to make this process as smooth as possible despite the circumstances. We will monitor the situation closely as the guidelines are likely to change throughout the summer.
OUR EXTENDED SUMMER OPENING HOURS
Please note these extended hours begin Monday 20th July and end Sunday 6th September.
- Monday to Friday 9.15am – 5.30 pm
- Saturday 10am – 5 pm
- Sunday from 10am – 4pm
LATE EVENING OPENING HOURS
From Wednesday 12th August until Friday 4th September – Every Wednesday and Thursday evening we will be open until 8pm.
We encourage you to consider attending during low peak times such as our late evenings from August 12th, and Sundays, in order to avoid long waiting times to get into the shop.
NORMAL HOURS RECOMMENCE MONDAY 7th September 2020
- Monday to Friday 9.15am – 4.30pm
- Saturday 12th September 10am – 2 pm
- Sunday 13th September CLOSED
From September, it is our expectation that all pupils will wear the correct school uniform as follows:
- Black blazer with school badge.
- White shirt with a collar and a house tie.
- Black, tailored trousers including small Malet based logo; must be free flowing and not tight fitting. (capri pants, jeans, cropped trousers, culottes, shorts, leggings and footless tights are not appropriate dress for school and are not permitted)
- Black, tailored skirt including small Malet based logo; must be knee length, free flowing and not tight fitting.
- Black shoes. Must be plain black including the soles with no additions such as tassels. Must also be flat with no heel. (trainers, combat style boots, converse, sand shoes and casual boots are not appropriate footwear for school and are not permitted)
- Pullovers are optional, must be black with school badge.
- No extreme hairstyles and hair should be of a natural colour.
- No facial piercings or retainers, pupils are allowed to wear one set of small studded earrings.
- Key stage 3 pupils are not permitted to wear make-up or nail varnish.
- Key stage 4 pupils are permitted to wear discreet make-up and nail varnish.
- Nails must be natural; we will not accept false nails of any description.
Download this PDF guide which shows images for exactly what should and should not be worn.
Outside clothing must be removed upon entry to the school building.
Any pupil whose uniform is not compliant must have a specific, dated note from home, to avoid any sanctions, which would be likely to include the removal of social time.
For more information regarding the rules of our dress code, please refer to the uniform letters detailing the changes regarding the small Malet based logo. Click here to access the letters.
Our main suppliers this year are Steady Schoolwear. To order items from Steady Schoolwear:
Steady Schoolwear has located to a new store location. Click Here for a flyer.
Skirts and trousers purchased from the uniform shop will automatically have the logo attached. Skirts and trousers purchased from any other retailer need to be approved by the school and we will then arrange for the logo to be attached at the small cost of 20p per logo, per item. We must see the child wearing the garments in order to approve them. Until the point that garments have been approved please retain all receipts.
We offer an extensive number of dates when children, accompanied by parents if you prefer, can get trousers and skirts approved. We send regular updates to parents of these dates, however for a list of approval dates, please contact reception.