Our uniform expectations are as follows:
We recommend an inexpensive, waterproof coat. Hoodies and tracksuit tops are not permitted
Must be a black blazer with the Malet Lambert school badge, however, a black school blazer can be purchased from any shop and a badge can then be purchased from our uniform suppliers ‘Steady Schoolwear’ which can then be attached to the blazer. Equally, the school uniform shop sells a blazer with the school badge already attached
Standard white cotton shirt with a stiff pointed collar (not open neck) to take a tie
House coloured tie to be worn at all times
An option of Black Trousers or Malet Lambert Skirt
- Formal, full length smart trousers which must fall below the ankle. Leggings/Capri pants/Jeans/denim/cargo/chino styles are not permitted
- New for the 2023/24 academic year – After consultation with governors, parents/carers and a pupil working group, we are pleased to offer an optional Malet Lambert skirt available in a variety of sizes from ‘Steady Schoolwear’
- Pupils are no longer permitted to wear any other type of skirt, but the new skirts are not compulsory with black trousers still very much part of our uniform which can be bought from any retailer as long as they adhere to the description above
Jumpers are optional but must be black with a Malet Lambert school badge. Hoodies, tracksuit tops, body warmers or fleeces are all prohibited items and will be confiscated if worn within the school building
- Plain Black shoes or ankle boots, not trainers, with black or brown solid soles, which are uninterrupted in any way including with transparent sections (e.g. ‘bubbles’.)
- Small decorative features such as stitching, buckles, tassels and bows that are integral to the footwear are permitted, but should be black
- Ankle boots with a flat or moderate heel are permitted; anything that can be defined as a high heel is not permitted.
- Parents and carers may wish to consider plasters, ‘Compeed’ or similar for their child if they are breaking in a pair of new shoes
- Discreet necklaces are permitted but must be worn under clothing
- Pupils are permitted to wear one set of stud earrings - no hoops
- Facial piercings including eyebrows, the piercing of the septum, mouth or tongue piercings are not allowed
- Where a nose piercing already exists we do allow the wearing of a clear, flat retainer. However, we strongly discourage a pupil from getting any type of facial piercings as healing times are quite long and a pupil would be sanctioned if they refused to remove the piercing.
- Rings are not permitted
- If parents would like to discuss cultural and/or religious requirements which necessitate the wearing of jewellery, please get in touch
- No extreme styles. Hair colour must be that commonly expected for a significant proportion of the child population - therefore no grey, red or green for example
- Non removable hair decorations or additions are not permitted unless for proven religious or cultural reasons about which we ask you to get in contact with us in advance
Pupils are permitted to wear discrete make up. False eyelashes are not allowed
Nail colour must be natural
Affordability and Choice
We are committed to ensuring that Malet Lambert pupils and parents can access affordable uniforms from a significant range of providers. We remain committed to regular reviews and stakeholder voice. The last parental consultation evening regarding uniform was in June 2023. As part of our transparent approach, we have produced a document to show costs and choices at a glance, including the cost of one full uniform for a Malet Lambert pupil. This can be viewed here.
We promote, but are entirely independent of, a project called ‘RE: Uniform’, which is all about recycling school uniforms to provide it to families in Hull for free. The project leader can be contacted using the contact information below.
Telephone: 01482 445203
Our main suppliers this year are Steady Schoolwear. To order items from Steady Schoolwear:
More details about our uniform can be found in our uniform policy.